Saturday, June 16, 2012

Sewing Camp Love


I  held my first week of summer sewing camp at the Beehive this week.  I had a small group of three lovely girls ages 8-10 who so impressed me with their enthusiasm, creativity and talent!  On the  first day we went through the basics of using a machine and once they were comfortable with making straight stitches, I taught them the basics of all the techniques they needed to complete their project -- a summer top and embellished cut off jeans. They learned how to make a French seam, apply bias tape, how to make a yo-yo, and how to applique.  We spent the week working on their garments, culminating with a mini-fashion show for their parents.  Its was great fun! They love sewing so much, on the second day of camp they surprised me with a sweet and thoughtful note and gifts they made for me: a pillow and a little bag. I am so encouraged for the future of sewing!  Many thanks to Nola, Kelly and Claire for a lovely week!!

No comments:

Post a Comment