Monday, March 14, 2011

Creative Antics!

YES, I love creating.  As much as I can, whatever I can, whenever I can! Occasionally, I get these creative bursts of energy that last for several days.  I can't help myself--I have to make stuff and do stuff.  I'm up early, get the kids to school, I literally go, go, go all day --focus on their homework, sports, dinner, etc., when they get home, and as soon as they are in bed, I'm back to my creative antics until 1 or 2 a.m.  This is not sustainable behavior mind you--but gosh, do I get some great things accomplished when it happens.  I feel like Forrest Gump--an ordinary person doing extraordinary things!  So last week, when this wave of creative energy hit me, I rearranged my entire living room, while my ever-supportive-love was out of town (lest he want to offer assistance). The whole floor feels and looks brand new!

I highly recommend rearranging furniture, changing pillows, reorganizing book shelves, moving artwork, changing the mantle....I did this all the time for clients who paid me! This weekend I went antiquing with friends and added some lovely McCoy pottery pieces to my collection and my shelves.  The living room  feels clean, fresh, bright and bigger, not to mention pretty darn magazine worthy!

On the craft side, I downloaded a fantastic tutorial from a very cool Australian blogger Melly & Me and made my daughter a Kokeshie Stuffie.  I also made a lovely set of linen coasters for a friend who is getting married!

OK--now I need a nap!





No comments:

Post a Comment