Monday, April 11, 2011

Alive.... and Sewing!

Really?  It's been a whole month since I wrote last? I have had a whirlwind of a time these past four weeks.  I've been sewing frantically -- head down -- even on Spring break -- getting ready for my Spring shows and for the GirlyGirl Trunk Show and Open House this Saturday, April 16. I've had the undying help and support of my sweet mama (Antonia) who has VOLUNTEERED her exquisite professional sewing skills to assist in the amassing of my inventory.  Not an easy task.  We literally have been our own little factory of two for the past month.  I cut, serge, hand-embellish, then pass on to her for additional sewing, then she passes on to me for finishing and tagging. Whew!

This Hooker Furniture mid-century desk serves as my sewing station at the cabin.



The Caroline Coral linen skirt in detail.

The results are lovely.  I'm so happy with the sweet details in the pieces of  this Spring's collection. I gave the Caroline Coral linen skirt a small hand-embroidered flower (this was what I did during our TV-free evenings on Spring Break). The Lilly Lemongrass skirt has a ruffled layer of sky-blue sparkley net that peaks from underneath. And, My Cherie Blossom skirt is infinitely girly with pompom-fringed crochet trim! This year I decided to offer coordinating tank tops made of 100% organic cotton embellished with crocheted lace and a fabric covered button.  Pretty pretty!

I have to get back to work now to get ready for you all-- my adorable GirlyGirls and devoted GirlyMoms!

Hope to see you at one of these upcoming GirlyGirl events:

GirlyGirl Trunk Show and Open House--April 16, 2011  
Kirkwood Spring Fling--May 14, 2011
Suzuki School Market--May 22, 2011
Indie Craft Experience--June 11-12, 2011

No comments:

Post a Comment