Monday, October 17, 2011

Candler Park Festival (part 1): Hits and Misses

The Big Red Cape was a smash at the Candler Park Festival!


The Candler Park Festival in Atlanta on the 14th and 15th was two days of gorgeous, sunny, dry, 80 degree weather, lovely people, adorable kids, eclectic arts and crafts, and great music.  I've done the festival for several years, but for a second time I shared my booth space with my artist friend Shannon Goines who paints very colorful expressive animal portraits--cows, pigs, bunnies, horses, squirrels, etc.. you get my drift.  She painted a fantastic squirrel for me last year--golds and greys. Beautiful!

I introduced several new pieces for the fall line that did very well--and one style in particular that was loved--not so much. The Big Red Cape was a smash!!! The Peplum Skirt sold well, especially in the sweet grey giraffe colorway.  The  Pear Button-Up skirt was well received. The Lazy Daisy embelished cotton tops almost sold out.  But the pin-striped culottes got a resounding big ole raspberry!   Or at least that's what I swear I heard from everyone who passed right by it on the rack. Can't win them all!  I loved my culottes when I was eight.  I need to offer them to a new generation of active, stylish and girly girls. Back to the drawing board on those.


The Peplum Skirt with the giraffe print was so adorable.  


The Lazy Daisy Long Sleeve T in various colors almost sold out!

No comments:

Post a Comment