Friday, January 28, 2011

Inspiration for Spring/Summer 2011

Since I am drawn to color, pattern and design based on my personal preferences and sensibilities, and not what's "in", I pretty much do not follow trends in fashion when I create a new skirt or dress or top for GGP (or when I dress myself for that matter).  Clothing should be simple in design, super comfortable in feel, well made and should last a while.  Girls' clothing should also be age-appropriate and fun!! What makes clothing unique and lovely to look at is color and pattern. I adore prints and find myself mesmerized when I have found an image that speaks to me and asks to be translated into an article of clothing. I mostly look to interior design, housewares, mid-century designers, material, and vintage finds to spark the "that's it!" moment. So, currently I am studying Norwegian enamelware of  the 50's and 60's by Catherineholm. We'll see what I come up with!

No comments:

Post a Comment